Employers are required by law to provide cover for employees against workplace accidents or health issues.
If you are not currently insured and have employees (including Principals who are Directors) then you may be in breach of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation which imposes penalties.
Every state has its own legislation, and cover requirements differ. It is important to discuss your needs with an insurance professional that can provide you with appropriate advice about satisfying your obligations.
Employers are able to nominate the insurer they want, and can switch between insurers depending on the incentive, benefits and services offered.
Simplifying the process
BRIC can arrange to:
- Review your WorkCover Industry Classification (WIC) to ensure the correct classification is applied and that you are not paying too much premium
- Review your remuneration certification history to see if you are due a refund from past years deeming provisions
- Review your active claims to see if your ongoing claims liability can be reduced
- Review any subcontracting issues that may be impacting your premium
- Provide you with a free WorkCover Employer Kit, which includes a WorkCover Employer brochure, an "All about WorkCover for Employers" booklet, a "Return to Work Guide" and an "If You Are Injured" poster, plus more.
- Organise your premium payments in monthly installments