BRIC is a member of NIBA, the National Insurance Brokers Association. The Insurance Brokers Code of Practice aims to enhance and promote the professionalism and standing of NIBA members, and further increases community confidence in insurance brokers and ensures that brokers:
- Act in the best interests of the Client;
- Provide advice and guidance to enable clients to make informed decisions on risk and insurance protection;
- Provide full and accurate information for effective underwriting;
- Respect the client’s confidentiality in relation to all records and information;
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of all documentation;
- Make available all relevant documentation, policies and certificates, endorsements, and premium calculations as may be required;
- Be professional, efficient and responsive in all dealings;
- In the event of a claim, take every step necessary to ensure prompt and fair settlement;
- Work towards maintaining and enhancing the reputation of NIBA and its members;
- Act in the spirit of the Code and encourage others to do likewise.
Read more about the Code of Practice.